Cashew nuts are one of the healthiest foods in the world. Unfortunately, not many of you know the numerous benefits they offer, and only a very small percentage of the natural medicines comprehensive database is dedicated to them.
Countries like Nigeria, Tanzania, Mozambique and Brazil are the biggest producers of cashew nuts, mostly due to the fact that they need hot and humid climate in order to grow.
Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
- Cashew nuts are rich in vitamins, soluble dietary fiber, minerals and many phytochemicals that prevent diseases, including cancers. Cashews are also rich in calories, about 50 grams of these favorable foods contain 275 calories.
- These beneficial nuts provide numerous essential vitamins, including pantothenic acid or vitamin B5, pyridoxine or vitamin B6, thiamin or vitamin B11 and riboflavinThe aforementioned vitamins are crucial for metabolism of fat, protein and carbs at a cellular level. On the other hand, niacin improves the protection against pellagra or dermatitis.Furthermore, B6 is extremely beneficial for our health for it significantly lowers the chances of developing sideroblastic anemia and homocystinuria. Only 3.5 Oz (100 gr) of these nuts provide about 30% of daily recommended levels of B6 (that’s about 0.147 mg).
- Moreover, cashews are also rich in essential minerals. Some of the most useful minerals found in cashew nuts are potassium, manganese, copper, selenium, magnesium, zinc and iron. Only a handful of these nuts on a daily basis can provide the necessary amount of these extremely needed minerals and protect you from deficiency- related diseases.For instance, copper acts as a co-factor for many important enzymes, like superoxide dismutase and cytochrome c- oxidase. Zinc, on the other hand, plays the same role together with enzymes that are responsible for the regulation of the growth and progress of digestion, gonadal function and DNA synthesis. Selenium is a very important micronutrient and it works as a co-factor for antioxidant enzymes like Glutathione peroxides, known as one of the strongest antioxidants in human body.
- Monounsaturated fatty acids which are in high quantities in these nuts are extremely good for the heart health, as palmitoleic and oleic acids. They belong to the group of essential fatty acids that can increase the level of good HDL cholesterol and decrease the level of harmful LDLcholesterol in our blood. In addition, as shown by many scientific studies, the so-called Mediterranean diet which is mostly based on monounsaturated fatty acids supports the blood lipid profile, and protect our system from strokes and coronary artery diseases.
- Furthermore, cashews also contain a small quantity of one very important pigment of flavonoid antioxidants, called zeaxanthin, which is selectively absorbed inside the retinal macula in our eyes. This pigment provides protective and antioxidant UV ray filtering features, and it also protects from ARMD or age-related macular degeneration in old people.
How Treat Depression Naturally – A Basic Guide to Cashew Nutrition
Cashew nuts are more than great source of tryptophan, which is a vital amino acid our body needs to take it throughout the food. This amino acid helps children develop and grow, regulates mood, balances our behavior, improves sleep and can significantly lower the level of stress, anxiety and depression.
Just two handfuls of cashews contain somewhere between 1.000 and 2.000 mg of tryptophan. This compound has been proven to be as equally successful as prescription antidepressants. The best thing about treating depression with cashews is that you will surely avoid side effects that are usually caused by antidepressants. Of course, this is yet another thing big pharma carefully hides from us.
According to FDA Deputy Commissioner for Policy’s David Adams, who was part of the Drug Information Association Annual Meeting back in 1993, we need to pay close attention to the things happening around the legal arena and dietary supplements. If producers of natural remedies manage getting the support, there will most likely be a completely new class of products, which will be competing with the already existing drugs. This is why we need a special law that will have the function to regulate the supplements.
In addition, back in 1993, FDA Dietary Task Force has released a report saying that the selling and existence of dietary supplements will not jeopardize efforts for creating new drugs.
As you are probably aware by now, big pharma is a huge business. However, there is much effective and safer natural depression treatment they want to hide from the common people because thus they will lose lots of money.
An introduction to Cashew Nut Allergy
Beside allergies caused by eating walnuts, almonds and other nuts, cashew nut cause allergy in both adults and children and is one of the commonest food allergies. Same as peanuts, cashews can lead to occurrence of some very severe allergic reactions, even if the individual has consumed just a small quantity of cashews.
The healthy nuts we dedicate this article to are a hidden ingredient in many common foods such as ice cream, cakes and Asian dishes. Anyway, if you ever experience symptoms of cashew nut allergy, it is mandatory to look for professional help.