Research worldwide supports and commends what Hippocrates found and treated his patients with in 400 B.C. He discovered that natural, undistilled Apple Cider Vinegar (or ACV) is a powerful cleansing and healing elixir— a naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria—for a healthier, stronger, longer life!
QUALITIES OF NATURAL APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Undistilled apple cider vinegar (ACV) is made from fresh-crushed organic apples and then allowed to mature. It is best matured in wooden barrels, as wood seems to boost the natural fermentation.
Natural ACV should be a rich brownish color, and if held to the light, you will see that it’s “murky” with tiny formation of cob-web-like substances that we call the “mother”. The more matured the ACV, the more “mother” you will see at the bottom of the bottle.
The smell of natural ACV should be a pungent odor, and some are so natural and ripened that they pucker your mouth.
POWERFUL LIFE-GIVING MINERALS IN NATURAL APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Natural ACV is rich in powerful life-giving minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, organic sodium, magnesium, sulphur, iron, copper, organic fluorine, silicon and many other trace minerals.
Malic Acid in Naturally Fermented Apple Cider Vinegar
As ACV is fermented from apples, it is an excellent source of malic acid. Some of the wonderful health benefits of malic acid include:
- Pain reduction: Its ability to help reduce pain begins as quickly as within 48 hours of consumption.
- Boosting energy: Its ability to turn carbohydrates, protein and fat into energy, which makes it a great fat-burning food.
- Anti-aging: When applied to the skin, malic acid removes dead skin cells, reduces signs of aging, including wrinkles and promotes production of collagen for skin elasticity.
Potassium in Naturally Fermented Apple Cider Vinegar
Another key mineral in naturally fermented ACV is potassium. Potassium is found in all plant foods in varying degree. ACV has a rich content of potassium and the fermentation process enriches its bioavailability to our cells. This mineral is what makes ACV so unique and potent.
Most people are deficient in potassium due to poor choices of food and lifestyle. Potassium may be called the great arteries scrubbers as it slows the hardening and clogging of arteries.
Some of the signs of potassium deficiency include:
- Aches and pains in the bones and muscles, especially in the lower back
- Chronic fatigue, constantly feeling tired—physically and mentally
- Itchy scalp, dandruff and premature hair-thinning or balding
- Eyes are itchy, sore, bloodshot, watery, tire easily and will not focus as they should
- Brain fog, poor memory, forgetful
- Feeling impatient and irritable, nervous, depressed and anxious
- Cold hands and feet
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN NATURAL UNDISTILLED ACV AND DISTILLED VINEGAR.
Manufacturers of vinegar produced pasteurized and filtered vinegar and call them apple cider vinegar. These type of vinegar are bright-colored, clear and “clean”—free from the dark cob-web mother.
Distillation destroys the powerful enzymes and nutrients that are so very important for fighting body toxins and inflammation.
The most common distilled vinegar in the market is the pure, clear (like water) vinegar. It tastes like vinegar but has absolutely no health value. They don’t contain the nutritional and health values of natural, fully-ripened apple cider vinegar. Never buy this type of vinegar, except for using it to clean your kitchen and the house!