Ginger compress is one of the best natural remedies which have ever used to relieve chronic pain, swellings, arthritis, rheumatism, and backaches. In addition, it has been long used to improve blood circulation and dissolve stagnation. However, one of its most outstanding benefits is the ability to dissolve accumulations like kidney and gallbladder stones, ovarian cysts, and fibroids.
What Are The Benefits Of Ginger Compress?
Ginger offers a wide plethora of health benefits and when used in the form of compress it can:
- Improve blood circulation
- Alleviate chronic pain like backaches, rheumatism and arthritis
- Reduce swellings and aching muscles
- Treat mastitis (inflammation or infection in the breast)
- Eliminate ovarian cysts
Step-by-Step Guide To Make A Ginger Compress
You will need:
- 1 liter of water
- 120 g fresh ginger root/ 1 tbsp. powdered ginger
- A pan with lid
- Ginger grater
- Towel and two hand cloths
- Cotton bag with string
- Rubber gloves
- Pour the water in the pan, turn on the stove, and heat for a few minutes
- Grate the ginger, place it in the cotton bag and make a ginger tea bag by closing it with a string
- Squeeze the liquid of the grated ginger into the pan and then put the bag in the water
- Allow it to infuse for a few minutes and turn off the heat
- Remove the bag and squeeze the last of the juices by using rubber gloves
- At this point the pan will contain a liter of fresh ginger water
How To Apply The Ginger Compress
The treatment will take about half an hour. All you have to do is to apply a cloth soaked in ginger water to the affected area a few times over and over again. The warmer the compress, the better!
- Soak the hand cloth in the hot ginger water, remove, and remove the excess liquid
- Fold the cloth and put it onto the affected area. Repeat the procedure with the second cloth, putting it over the first one in order to keep the heat
- Hold the compress for a few minutes
- Repeat the procedure (step 1 and step 2)
- Continue doing this until the skin becomes red
Ginger Compress Duration And Frequency Of Applications
The treatment can last from 5-30 minutes, depending on the severity of the condition and the area you are treating. For example, in case of ovarian cyst the compress should be applied once daily for about two weeks. In case of mastitis, apply the compress three times daily until the problem goes away.
- Don’t let the water reach a boiling point ( keep it below boiling point)
- Reheat the water if it cools down during the treatment, but make sure it doesn’t boil
- Fresh ginger is more effective than powdered ginger
- This treatment should not be used on babies, pregnant women, in case of cancerous tumors, and fever
Remember, if you share this article on your social networks, you’ll help others learn all these benefits.